problem with code (newbie)

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by barabba72@hotmail.com, Oct 29, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi All,

    I have the following code:
    Basically when I enter the server name and hit the "submit" button, IE
    says "the page cannot be displayed.There is a problem with the page you
    are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.".

    Further, how can I debug my code, is there a debugger I should use ?

    <form action="homepage.asp" method="get">
    Server to Manage: <input type="text" name="strComputer" size="20" />
    <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>

    <%
    dim strComputer
    mServer=Request.QueryString("strComputer")

    If mServer<>"" Then

    strComputer = mServer
    response.write mServer

    Set objNetwork = Server.CreateObject("Wscript.Network")
    Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" &
    "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & mServer & "\root\cimv2")
    Set colOperatingSystems = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("SELECT * FROM
    Win32_OperatingSystem")
    For Each objOperatingSystem in colOperatingSystems
    response.write objOperatingSystem.Caption',
    objOperatingSystem.Version
    Next
    End If
    %>

    , Oct 29, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have the following code:
    > Basically when I enter the server name and hit the "submit" button, IE
    > says "the page cannot be displayed.There is a problem with the page
    > you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.".
    >
    > Further, how can I debug my code, is there a debugger I should use ?

    Excuse me, but you already have an ongoing thread about this issue. Starting
    a new thread about the same problem is not good practice. It makes it very
    confusing to carry on multiple conversations about the same topic, and if
    somebody wastes his time replying in one thread only to find the problem has
    already been resolved in the other thread, how likely do you think it will
    be that the time-waster will bother replying to any future threads started
    by you?

    If you need to provide more information about an issue, do it in the
    original thread.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 29, 2005

    Hey Bob, I didnt' mean not to follow the rules. I see what you are
    saying.
    However if you read this is a different issue, that why I started a new
    thread.

    Thanks so much.
    , Oct 29, 2005
  4. wrote:
    > Hey Bob, I didnt' mean not to follow the rules.

    Not "rules" - there can be no rules in usenet since there is nobody to
    enforce them (unless you consider peer pressure to be enforcement).

    > I see what you are
    > saying.
    > However if you read this is a different issue, that why I started a
    > new thread.
    >
    > Thanks so much.

    OK, but, it seems like the same issue (how do I debug?) only with different
    code to illustrate the problem. I think if you read my reply in the other
    thread, you will get the idea.

    Bob Barrows

    PS. Read the entire reply, and make sure you read both of my replies in that
    thread.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 29, 2005

    Hey Bob,

    I apologise, didn't see ALL of your replies to my post.
    It's a little clearer.

    Thanks again.
    , Oct 29, 2005