Problem with command-line registeration with PyPI in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Python' started by melhosseiny, Mar 16, 2011.

  1. melhosseiny

    melhosseiny Guest

    When I type c:\python32\python.exe setup.py register and press enter I
    get the following:

    running register
    running check
    We need to know who you are, so please choose either:
    1. use your existing login,
    2. register as a new user,
    3. have the server generate a new password for you (and email it to
    you), or
    4. quit
    Your selection [default 1]:

    So i type 1 and press enter and i get:

    Please choose one of the four options!

    Why is this happening? It doesn't care what i type. It's always the
    same result.

    melhosseiny, Mar 16, 2011

  2. On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 01:55:31 -0700, melhosseiny wrote:

    > When I type c:\python32\python.exe setup.py register and press enter I
    > get the following:

    [...]
    > Why is this happening? It doesn't care what i type. It's always the same
    > result.

    I found a similar (possibly the same) problem. I eventually worked around
    it by creating a config file with my username and password:

    [distutils]
    index-servers =
    pypi

    [pypi]
    username:************
    password:************

    How you would do the same thing under Windows, I don't know.

    --
    Steven

    Steven D'Aprano, Mar 16, 2011

  3. melhosseiny

    melhosseiny Guest

    On Mar 16, 2:51 pm, Steven D'Aprano <steve
    > wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 01:55:31 -0700, melhosseiny wrote:
    > > When I type c:\python32\python.exe setup.py register and press enter I
    > > get the following:

    > [...]
    > > Why is this happening? It doesn't care what i type. It's always the same
    > > result.

    > I found a similar (possibly the same) problem. I eventually worked around
    > it by creating a config file with my username and password:
    >
    > [distutils]
    > index-servers =
    >     pypi
    >
    > [pypi]
    > username:************
    > password:************
    >
    > How you would do the same thing under Windows, I don't know.
    >
    > --
    > Steven

    Thank you. It worked for me too. I added .pypirc file with my username
    and password in my home folder (i.e. C:\Users\*****).

    melhosseiny, Mar 16, 2011