Problem with compiling c++ sources for windows

Discussion in 'C++' started by Michael Höing, Jun 15, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I tried to compile the following :
    http://www.almaden.ibm.com/software/quest/Resources/datasets/data/assoc.gen.tar.Z
    from
    http://www.almaden.ibm.com/software/quest/Resources/datasets/syndata.html#assocSynData

    I tried it on a unix machine and received the following error message:

    zivunix:compile> make
    xlC -+ -O -c -o ran1.o ran1.c
    xlC -+ -O -c -o expdev.o expdev.c
    xlC -+ -O -c -o gammln.o gammln.c
    xlC -+ -O -c -o gasdev.o gasdev.c
    xlC -+ -O -c -o poidev.o poidev.c
    xlC -+ -O -c -o dist.o dist.c
    xlC -+ -O -c -o gen.o gen.c
    "gen.h", line 183.30: 1540-0063 (S) The text "StringSet" is unexpected.
    make: *** [gen.o] Error 1
    zivunix:compile>

    How can I solve the problem? I also tried borlands bcc32 but also failed.
    (I'm absolutely new to this topic).

    Who can help? (Or better: Compile the files for windows and send it via
    mail. Could not be much work - I think ?)

    Regards - Michael

    Michael Höing, Jun 15, 2005