problem with configuration

smartnose

I'm running a windows 2003 server.
When I start a new web solution as WebApplication1, VS.Net says:

error:
cannot create project WebApplication1
http://localhost/WebApplication1 and
D:/wwwroot/WebApplication1 should point to the same directory on local
machine.

I checked my IIS configuration,the host directory IS D:/wwwroot and they
should point to the same location.

So why this happened? And how can I solve it?
Thank you

TomN

You probably need to grant privileges to the ASP.Net user: aspnet_wp
account. Grant on the root, and let the permissions propagate to the
sub-folders.

Open My Computer, navigate to inetpub/wwwroot. Then right click, choose
properties, then the security tab. If the aspnet_wp account is not listed
you will need to add it.

I hope that this helps.

--Tom

Ed Bangle

Greetings,
Another way to solve your problem would be to create a
New Project in .Net (Named "NewProject") and add your
existing project to it. Then delete the "New Project" to
the Solution Explorer and you're done. I had this problem
and this worked fine.

Happy Coding :)
Ed