problem with configuring j2ee 1.3.1

Mladen Adamovic

I'm trying to use j2ee 1.3.1 with j2se 1.4.2 under Windows 98.
First I add enviromental space with command.com /e:32768
(it seems it is necessery but it is not written in the conf. notes)
and fellow the configuration notes in j2ee.

When I call 'setenv' i get some strange Syntax Error (set makes it):
C:\j2sdkee1.3.1\bin>set
SSL_OPTIONS=-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=c:\j2sdkee1.3.1\lib\security\cacerts.
jks
Syntax error
C:\j2sdkee1.3.1\bin>set
LISTEN_OPTIONS=-Dcom.sun.CORBA.connection.ORBListenSocket=SSL:0,SSL_MUTUALAU
TH:0,PERSISTENT_SSL:1060
Syntax error

?!?!

And for example when I try to call deploytool (by default it would be GUI
application) I got:
C:\j2sdkee1.3.1\bin>deploytool -ui
Bad command or file name
Syntax error
Syntax error
Syntax error
The deployment tool version is 1.3.1
-ui Runs the tool with a UI (default mode)
-help Display this help message
-uninstall <application name> <server name>
-listApps <server name>
-deployConnector <rar filename> <server name>
-undeployConnector <rar filename> <server name>
-listConnectors <server name>
-generateSQL <ear file> <server name> [-noOverWrite]

What should I do to configure it properly?

Mladen Adamovic

I solve the problem late yesterday. I use XP instead of Win98 and it works
:).
Thanks for help anyway.

Svetozar Radojcin said:
Oh, there are a lot of Win 98 issues :(
The simplest thing yuo can do - is download j2eeLauncher from

http://213.97.59.181/amicworld/downloads.jsp

- regards, Cvele