Problem with Content Pages and Seach Capability

Chris Lincoln

I am currently working on a company site and have run into a problem
with the search aspect of the site. I am running .net 2.0 and iis 5.1.

The issue is as follows:
Indexing Service is properly searching the pages within the search
scope, however, content pages that I have set up to use various
masterpages are not being displayed properly (no doctitle). From what
I've researched, this is because indexing service searches for content
within the title tags to obtain the docTitle. I have tried creating
scripts to change the masterpage title and declaring the title within
<%@ page %> but neither attempts were successful.

Has anyone run across a way to supply indexing service with a title for
content pages or an alternative solution?

Thank you very much.

-Chris Lincoln

Guest

Have you tried putting this tag into each content page? Indexing Service
doesn't load pages via HTTP as say, googlebot might do if it is crawling your
site.
Peter

tfsmag

Would you get a different result if you set the page title in the
preinit or page_load event? page.title="Page Title" ?? Or is that
basically the same as putting it in the <%@page%>?

Chris Lincoln

Thanks for the replies!

Peter, which tag are you referring to? I am currently considering
trying to use the Windows Sharepoint Services search function rather
than Indexing Service for the reason you stated! However, I think using
Indexing Service would be simpler.

tfsmag, effectively those two methods are the same from what I can
tell. I did try both and unfortunately neither worked out.

As of now, I have placed <head> & <title> tags within the <asp:content>
tag... which goes completely against html standards...

Chris