problem with CreateObject

jim Gigurtsis

Does anybody know why the second statement below hangs the
call to the server. I am running Win2000 , SP4, IIS 5.0 on
a local machine. I recently applied SP4 and had to re-
install IIS. The code use to work okay under Sp3.

Set TypeLib = Server.CreateObject("Scriptlet.TypeLib")
TempGUID = TypeLib.Guid
Response.Write TempGUID & Chr(13) & Chr(10)
Set TypeLib = Nothing

Thank you
Jim G

Stuart Palmer

Don't know if this would be your problem but it _mihgt_ be something to do
with norton AV and script blocking being enabled. Disable it and it might
work......not 100% sure thought, but worth a try.

Stu

dlbjr

Jim,

Is this code snippet in the global.asa?
If so, you need to use the <OBJECT> tags instead.

By the way, in the future, use
CreateObject("Scriptlet.TypeLib")
instead of
Server.CreateObject("Scriptlet.TypeLib")
This will allow your code to become easily utilized between a VBScript and
an ASP.