Problem with creating an applet

René Beltman

Hello everyone,

For a test with applets I wanted to create an applet.

The applet code:
import javax.swing.*;
import java.awt.*;

public class ByeWorld extends JApplet {

public void init() {
Container contentPane = getContentPane();
JLabel label = new JLabel("Goodbye world",SwingConstants.CENTER);
contentPane.add(label);

The HTML file:
<head>
<title>Test</title>
</head>

Hieronder staat een test met een applet

At running of the applet I get the following exception:

Exception in thread "Thread-6" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at sun.net.www.ParseUtil.decode(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.file.Handler.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.file.Handler.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URL.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.getAccessControlContext(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.getClassLoader(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createAppletThread(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.init(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createClassLoader(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.appletInit(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.viewer.LifeCycleManager.initAppletPanel(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.viewer.IExplorerPluginObject$Initer.run(Unknown Source)

Where the text Thread-6, the number vary's on the number of times I tried to
access the webpage.
ps. Mozilla is giving the exception:
Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at sun.net.www.ParseUtil.decode(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.file.Handler.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.file.Handler.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URL.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.getAccessControlContext(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.getClassLoader(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createAppletThread(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.init(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createClassLoader(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.appletInit(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.viewer.LifeCycleManager.initAppletPanel(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.viewer.WNetscapePluginObject$Initer.run(Unknown Source)

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks in advantage.

Greetings,

René Beltman.

Oliver Wong

René Beltman said:
Hello everyone,

For a test with applets I wanted to create an applet.

The applet code:
import javax.swing.*;
import java.awt.*;

public class ByeWorld extends JApplet {

public void init() {
Container contentPane = getContentPane();
JLabel label = new JLabel("Goodbye world",SwingConstants.CENTER);
contentPane.add(label);
[snip]

Exception in thread "Thread-6" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at sun.net.www.ParseUtil.decode(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.file.Handler.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.file.Handler.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URL.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.getAccessControlContext(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.getClassLoader(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createAppletThread(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.init(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createClassLoader(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.appletInit(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.viewer.LifeCycleManager.initAppletPanel(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.viewer.IExplorerPluginObject$Initer.run(Unknown Source)

Did you try running it using the AppletViewer? I just did and it seems
to run fine on my side.

- Oliver

zero

Hello everyone,

For a test with applets I wanted to create an applet.

The applet code:
import javax.swing.*;
import java.awt.*;

public class ByeWorld extends JApplet {

public void init() {
Container contentPane = getContentPane();
JLabel label = new JLabel("Goodbye world",SwingConstants.CENTER);
contentPane.add(label);

The HTML file:
<head>
<title>Test</title>
</head>

<applet code="ByeWorld.class" width="200" height="300"></applet><br
/> Hieronder staat een test met een applet

bedoel je niet hierboven? ;-)

At running of the applet I get the following exception:

Exception in thread "Thread-6" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at sun.net.www.ParseUtil.decode(Unknown Source)

It looks like your classpath has an error. Check if all the directories in
the classpath have valid names and exist.