Problem with creating users in my ASP.NET 2.0 website

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Apr 4, 2007.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    ASP.NET 2.0

    I created 3 users in my website. After creating these 3 users I wanted to
    make the password less restrict so I added the settings below to my
    web.config. (that means the 3 users where added when no membership settings
    was in web.config - so I guess my website was using some default settings)

    The problem is that now when a new user is created, it actually create 2
    records in the aspnet_Users table. One record is associated with the
    application name myNetwork, and the other is associated with application
    name /

    <membership>
    <providers>
    <remove name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" />
    <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"
    minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
    applicationName="myNetwork"
    requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" />
    </providers>
    </membership>