Problem with creating users in my ASP.NET 2.0 website

Jeff

ASP.NET 2.0

I created 3 users in my website. After creating these 3 users I wanted to
make the password less restrict so I added the settings below to my
web.config. (that means the 3 users where added when no membership settings
was in web.config - so I guess my website was using some default settings)

The problem is that now when a new user is created, it actually create 2
records in the aspnet_Users table. One record is associated with the
application name myNetwork, and the other is associated with application
name /

<membership>
<providers>
<remove name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" />
<add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
applicationName="myNetwork"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" />
</providers>
</membership>