Problem with creation of .res file (Borland C++ 5.5)

Ricardo

Hello,
I have just happened on a nice Borland C++ 5.5 tutorial at
http://www.webnotes.org/bcc55eng.htm, meant for the very novice like myself
:) I got stuck at creation of .res file needed to include some resoureces
into the EXE, e.g. an application icon. According to the author's
description I prepared a file "testres.rc" with the following content:
//==cut
MAINICON ICON LOADONCALL MOVEABLE DISCARDABLE testres.ico
//==cut
where MAINICON is a constant naming the icon that I want to link in the next
step with my EXE. The name MAINICON is also present in my source file
"testres.c" as an argument for the function LoadIcon(hInstance,"MAINICON").
While using the command: brc32 -32 -r testres.rc
I get an error: "Error testres.rc 1 23: Allocate failed" pointing at the
first and actually the only line of my "testres.rc" file.
What is the problem? Could you please give me a hint?
Thanks in advance for any help you may offer. Kindest regards,
Ricardo

Victor Bazarov

Ricardo said:
Hello,
I have just happened on a nice Borland C++ 5.5 tutorial at
http://www.webnotes.org/bcc55eng.htm, meant for the very novice like
myself :) I got stuck at creation of .res file [...] I get an error:
"Error testres.rc 1 23: Allocate failed" pointing at
the first and actually the only line of my "testres.rc" file.
What is the problem? Could you please give me a hint?

Hint: wrong newsgroup. Look for an appropriate newsgroup in the
'borland.public.*' hierarchy, or ask in the newsgroup dedicated to
programming Windows.