Problem with css and firefox

David Dorward

Joker7 said:
God as I remove one error up pops more, im
starting to wonder if it's worth it!

It is.
Can any one give me some idea on how to get the
lay out to work

A glance at some of the markup showed some really weird constructs (such as
table rows being children of div elements) which is very likely a
contributing factor.

Fixing the syntax errors is the way to go.
,or should I just leave it be as
most people use Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer has a shrinking market share. Accepting bad code because
it works there is asking for distaster, other browsers are gaining
marketshare and there is no way to be sure that future versions of IE are
going to have the same error recovery code.

Toby Inkster

Joker7 said:
What is wrong with my lay out any ideas any help before I go mad!

Now, I'm not entirely sure what you think the page is *supposed* to look
like, but at a guess, you want to read up on the CSS "clear" property.

Joker7

message
: Gecko and Trident attempt to compensate for
syntax errors in different ways.
: It happens that Trident is better at correcting
for the errors you have
: made then Gecko. Try fixing the errors.
:
:
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/01702/test/test1.html
:
:
: --
: David Dorward

Thanks David,
God as I remove one error up pops more, im
starting to wonder if it's worth it!
Can any one give me some idea on how to get the
lay out to work,or should I just leave it be as
most people use Internet Explorer.

Chris

Joker7

"Toby Inkster" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
: Joker7 wrote:
:
: > What is wrong with my lay out any ideas any
help before I go mad!
:
: Now, I'm not entirely sure what you think the
page is *supposed* to look
: like, but at a guess, you want to read up on the
CSS "clear" property.
:
: --
: Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
: Contact Me ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact
:

How should I use this in relation to my design
http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_clear.asp

Chris

Joker7

Is the a good CSS / HTML Editor of the type what
you see, at the moment I use ,cutehtm,dreamweaver4
and Style Master 3.52 .

As Im sure I must be goinging at this the wrong
way.

Chris

Joker7

Let's redo this!!!

Is there a good CSS / HTML Editor of the type
what
you see, at the moment I use ,cutehtm,dreamweaver4
and Style Master 3.52 .

As I'm sure I must be going at this the wrong
way.

Chris

Good time for sleep nite nite.......