Problem with data binding and usercontrols

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by jaffar.kazi@gmail.com, Dec 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi.
    I have the following code:
    <asp:Repeater ID="MyQuoteDetails" runat="server"
    OnItemDataBound="MyQuoteDetails_ItemDataBound">
    <ItemTemplate >
    98%">
    <%#
    DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"order_number")%>
    <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"order_date")%>
    <%#
    DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"ship_method_name")%>

    <uc1:QuoteHeaderDisplay
    QuoteNumber='<%#
    DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"order_number")%>'
    EnableQuoteDetailsURL="true"
    QuoteDate='<%#
    DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"order_date")%>'
    QuoteExpiryDate='<%#
    DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"order_date")%>'
    QuoteAmount='0'
    ShipMethod='<%#
    DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"ship_method_name")%>'
    PlacedBy='Not Found'
    runat="server" />

    The problem is that the code without the usercontrol QuoteHeaderDisplay
    works perfectly, but the user control code does not show any data. I've
    debugged the code, and all values get properly assigned, even for the
    usercontrol, but they don't show up.

    Could anyone tell me what the problem could be? The usercontrol is a
    display-only control, with no data handling, etc.

    TIA.
    --Jaffar

    , Dec 26, 2006