Problem with default Charset Encoding Servlet (Windows vs. RedHat)

Discussion in 'Java' started by J.P.Jarolim, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. J.P.Jarolim

    J.P.Jarolim Guest

    Greets!

    Hope someone can help me with this issue:

    I've programmed an somehow big web-app for german-speaking users.
    They can input data and can view the data later on online.

    Everything looks fine on the production server (redhat), but i get a wrong
    character conversion of the viewed data on the windows-developement server.
    The euro-sign for example. I can correct this behaviour local by adding the
    line

    <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=Cp1250" %>
    or
    <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=Cp1252" %>

    to the jsp-pages i use, but now the pages modified this way aren't viewing
    the correct chars on the redhat machine anymore :-(

    Anyone a clue how to equalize the settings on the windows machine to the
    redhat system?
    I don't want to develop code which i have to alter before uploading to the
    production system...

    Or how can i set the default output encoding for the system or java in
    general?

    Developing on a
    winxp server 2003 german box,
    apache 1.x and