problem with dl/COM objectsl (MerakCOM and his dll)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lukasz, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. Lukasz

    Lukasz Guest

    Hi

    I have problem with using Merak Mail Server API in my
    web NET application. I was trying to use COM objects
    in normal net application, i could only create object by new
    and later i cant do anything, everytime exceptions is thrown.
    So i used some wrapper to his dll functions and it worked,
    i can create accounts. But when Im trying to do the same
    in my asp.net web application, i get exception in the line with init dll:

    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The server threw an exception.
    Source Error:
    Line 79:
    Line 80: MerakWrapper.CUserAccount myUser = new
    MerakWrapper.CUserAccountClass();
    Line 81: int retVal = myUser.InitDLL( "d:\\program files\\merak" ); << Here

    But in web application it seem that COM objects are working,
    I can display user accounts, domains etc. Offcours I cant add new user
    that way, i get COMException when i invoke Save method,
    It would be too f.. simple :(
    Im getting angry.
    Can anyone tell me whats going on, I was trying to set NETWORK SERVICE
    to Administrators group, but it didnt change anything.
    Thanks for any advices
    Lu

    Lukasz, Apr 6, 2004