Problem with double buffering..

Angelo

Hi,

recently I've tried to use Java graphics for a little space-invaders
project ( follow a tutorial I found on-line ). The tutorial show the
method of double-buffering images for a more speeder rendering without
flickering. But I had a problem. When the image is displayed on the
screen ( a little yellow guy ), the screen flickering in a blink-black
mode. I use Java 1.4.2 SDK and Linux Mandrake 10.1. Where is the
problem ?

Thanks for answer :)

Angelo

[CUT]
With 99% certainty I can say the problem is in your code.

Yes, is in my code :)
I setted the background color with getBackground(), but in the
tutorial was setted black.
Thanks :)

Andrew Thompson

Yes, is in my code :)

I'm right 99%* of the time.
I setted the background color with getBackground(), but in the
tutorial was setted black.

Glad you sorted it. :)

No worries! You can always get help from me when it
is *that* easy for me to do. ;-)

* ..and 68.7% of statistics are made up on the moment.