    there is an error at line 4, column 144 (absolute possition 221) of
    c:\.....html) nested editable regions

    any idea what this means?

    Jason, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Jason

    Jason Guest

    well i just found the problem, you cant edit templated pages outside of
    dreamweaver!!!

    SO now my question is how CAN I edit templated pages outside of dreamweaver
    using a WYSIWYG interface?...as the people updating this site are not going
    to be able to do it any other way

    Jason, Jan 8, 2005

  3. Jason

    Neal Guest

    Jason <> wrote:

    > well i just found the problem, you cant edit templated pages
    > outside of
    > dreamweaver!!!
    >
    > SO now my question is how CAN I edit templated pages outside of
    > dreamweaver
    > using a WYSIWYG interface?...as the people updating this site are
    > not going
    > to be able to do it any other way

    I know this was JUST discussed in the last 2 days, though as a non-DW
    user I paid no attention. Google groups search for dreamweaver
    template edit should yield recent posts.

    Neal, Jan 8, 2005
  4. Jason wrote:
    > well i just found the problem, you cant edit templated pages outside of
    > dreamweaver!!!
    >
    > SO now my question is how CAN I edit templated pages outside of dreamweaver
    > using a WYSIWYG interface?

    Let me get this straight: you just made this discovery today, even
    though you asked the same bloody question two days ago?

    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 8, 2005
  5. Jason

    Jason Guest

    "Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote in message
    > Jason wrote:
    > > well i just found the problem, you cant edit templated pages outside of
    > > dreamweaver!!!
    > >
    > > SO now my question is how CAN I edit templated pages outside of

    dreamweaver
    > > using a WYSIWYG interface?

    > Let me get this straight: you just made this discovery today, even
    > though you asked the same bloody question two days ago?

    Right I just read it yesterday, but is there anyway at all this can be
    accomplished using a WYSIWYG interface?

    Jason, Jan 8, 2005
  6. Jason

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Jason" <> wrote:

    >"Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote in message
    >> Jason wrote:
    >> > well i just found the problem, you cant edit templated pages outside of
    >> > dreamweaver!!!
    >> >
    >> > SO now my question is how CAN I edit templated pages outside of

    >dreamweaver
    >> > using a WYSIWYG interface?

    >> Let me get this straight: you just made this discovery today, even
    >> though you asked the same bloody question two days ago?

    >Right I just read it yesterday, but is there anyway at all this can be
    >accomplished using a WYSIWYG interface?

    Take a look at Contribute from Macromedia. It's cheaper than DW and
    aimed at editors rather than developers. Because it's from MM it's
    compatible with Dreamweaver code - editors can update the editable
    regions of pages but can't alter the templates, etc.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Jan 8, 2005