Problem with DropDown in EditItem of Datagrid!

Lars Netzel

Hello!

When you Click Edit of a DataGrid row I, in EditCommand sub, set the right
Index and recnid the DataGrid.

In ItemCreated (of that Bind) I fill a DropDownlist ( buy adressing it with
ItemIndex and FindControl) and set the Selected Value to the Value I want.
So Far everything is Fine, if I debug and step thru the code.. it fills and
the Selected Value is the right value.

But Then when the page shows... the Selected Item is not the Item with the
SelectedValue.. it's the first in the DropDown box.. as if nothing was
selected. But the Dropdownbox is filled with the right stuff, just not
selected with the value I set (and saw in the debug that it was set)

Since this is VB I can't debug the Data Itself so I tried Setting a
breakpoint in EVERY function and Sub I had in the Form and se if the
DropDownlist accidentley resetted somehow somewhere.. but I can't really
find any place where the Selected Value is overwritten or anything---

I have no idea where to look for answers now.. please help!

Best Regards
/Lars