Problem with DropDownList

APatel

DropDownList is automatically trimming the string but i wanted to append the
space with the string value in the dropdownlist (C# ASP.NET).

Is there any way to add space since the dropdownlist automatically trims the
stringvariable ?

Following are the things which i already tried :
1)
I tried adding leftPad and RightPad property of the string but it doesnt work.
2)
I also tried appending " " space to the string variable
3)
I tried appending to the variable string
4)
I tried using class String constructor
Ex: String str = new String(' ',10)
5)
I tried appending "\t" character to the string

All this doesnt work.

Is this a problem with Dropdownlist ?? or is there any way to achieve the
desire result.

Nathan Sokalski

The problem isn't with DropDownList, it's with the fact that HTML ignores
(in most cases) whitespace. What you need to do is rather than use spaces,
use the HTML character code   instead.