Problem with email via asp.net console application (Could not access 'CDO.Message')

TaeHo Yoo

I created a console application that sends emails using smtp.
This works fine on my local machine but when I run it on our server, it
generates an error that says

Unhandled Exception: System.Web.HttpException: Could not access
'CDO.Message' ob

ject. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has
been throw

n by the target of an invocation. --->
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMExcepti

on (0x80040220): The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.

That is very puzzing to me since we have many webbased applications
runing on the same server and none of them have problem sending emails
using smtp.
Any ideas??

Thanks all

martin

you have the smtp server wrong in the code.
place this in the config file so it can easily be changed.

or you might have to change the smart host setting in IIS.

cheers

martin