Problem with exe from py2exe

Discussion in 'Python' started by Francach, Oct 30, 2005.

  1. Francach

    Francach Guest

    Hi,

    I'm using python 2.4.1, wxPython 2.6.1.0 and py2exe 1.6.3 on Windows
    XP.

    My script runs fine with python, but the .exe produced with py2exe
    crashes out with:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "App1.py", line 4, in ?
    File "wx\__init__.pyc", line 42, in ?
    File "wx\_core.pyc", line 3163, in ?
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
    'wxEVT_SCROLL_ENDSCROLL'

    I've looked under
    http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/moin.cgi/Py2Exe to see if this
    is a known issue, but no luck. Anybody seen this one before?

    Thanks,
    Martin.

    Francach, Oct 30, 2005

  2. Hello Martin,

    > My script runs fine with python, but the .exe produced with py2exe
    > crashes out with:
    >
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "App1.py", line 4, in ?
    > File "wx\__init__.pyc", line 42, in ?
    > File "wx\_core.pyc", line 3163, in ?
    > AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
    > 'wxEVT_SCROLL_ENDSCROLL'

    Noting that you use wxPython 2.6.1.0, are you still using the old
    namespace/import commands:

    from wxPython.wx import *

    ?

    If this is the case, please switch to the (relatively) new namespace/import
    command:

    import wx

    The new syntax does not have wxEVT_SCROLL_ENDSCROLL but it does have
    wx.EVT_SCROLL_ENDSCROLL.

    The syntax has changed about 1 year ago (if not more), so if you are still
    using the old namespace, I think the wxPython mailing list and the wxPython
    main page should report:

    "Use the NEW namespace"

    In red blinking characters.

    If this is not the case, I'm sorry I can't help you a lot. I always use
    py2exe but I never encountered such problems.

    HTH.

    Andrea.

    http://xoomer.virgilio.it/infinity77

    Andrea Gavana, Oct 31, 2005