Problem with Feedback Form Wizard

Discussion in 'HTML' started by lovie, Nov 14, 2006.

  1. lovie

    lovie Guest

    Hi, good morning all:

    I'm using Christopher Heng's Feedback Form Wizard from:

    http://www.thesitewizard.com/wizards/feedbackform.shtml

    But I can't get it to work, I don't know why. His FAQ indicates that
    some of the problems might generate from a free page (mine is paid),
    from mis-configuring the html (I didn't touch it), and I waited long
    enough.

    FAQ: Why do I not receive any mail when I run the feedback form
    script?
    http://www.thesitewizard.com/faqs/feedbackform.shtml#nomail

    I get the Thank you! page but no email is generated. Don't know why.

    ReaderFeedback:
    http://beststudentviolins.com/ReaderFeedback.html

    ThankYou:
    http://beststudentviolins.com/ThankYou.html

    Oops:
    http://beststudentviolins.com/Oops.html

    The php page has the following code:

    <?
    /*
    CHFEEDBACK.PHP Feedback Form PHP Script Ver 2.07
    Generated by thesitewizard.com's Feedback Form Wizard.
    Copyright 2000-2006 by Christopher Heng. All rights reserved.
    thesitewizard and thefreecountry are trademarks of Christopher
    Heng.

    $Id: phpscript.txt,v 1.8 2006/02/28 13:07:11 developer Exp $

    Get the latest version, free, from:
    http://www.thesitewizard.com/wizards/feedbackform.shtml

    You can read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) at:
    http://www.thesitewizard.com/wizards/faq.shtml

    I can be contacted at:
    http://www.thesitewizard.com/feedback.php
    Note that I do not normally respond to questions that have
    already been answered in the FAQ, so *please* read the FAQ.

    LICENCE TERMS

    1. You may use this script on your website, with or
    without modifications, free of charge.

    2. You may NOT distribute or republish this script,
    whether modified or not. The script can only be
    distributed by the author, Christopher Heng.

    3. THE SCRIPT AND ITS DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED
    "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, NOT EVEN THE
    IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MECHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A
    PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU AGREE TO BEAR ALL RISKS AND
    LIABILITIES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SCRIPT,
    ITS DOCUMENTATION AND THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE
    SCRIPTS AND THE DOCUMENTATION.

    If you cannot agree to any of the above conditions, you
    may not use the script.

    Although it is NOT required, I would be most grateful
    if you could also link to thesitewizard.com at:

    http://www.thesitewizard.com/

    */

    // ------------- CONFIGURABLE SECTION ------------------------

    // $mailto - set to the email address you want the form
    // sent to, eg
    //$mailto = "" ;

    $mailto = '' ;

    // $subject - set to the Subject line of the email, eg
    //$subject = "Feedback Form" ;

    $subject = "Feedback Form" ;

    // the pages to be displayed, eg
    //$formurl = "http://www.example.com/feedback.html" ;
    //$errorurl = "http://www.example.com/error.html" ;
    //$thankyouurl = "http://www.example.com/thankyou.html" ;

    $formurl = "http://beststudentviolins.com/ReaderFeedback.html" ;
    $errorurl = "http://beststudentviolins.com/Oops.html" ;
    $thankyouurl = "http://beststudentviolins.com/ThankYou.html" ;

    $uself = 0;

    // -------------------- END OF CONFIGURABLE SECTION ---------------

    $headersep = (!isset( $uself ) || ($uself == 0)) ? "\r\n" : "\n" ;
    $name = $_POST['name'] ;
    $email = $_POST['email'] ;
    $comments = $_POST['comments'] ;
    $http_referrer = getenv( "HTTP_REFERER" );

    if (!isset($_POST['email'])) {
    header( "Location: $formurl" );
    exit ;
    }
    if (empty($name) || empty($email) || empty($comments)) {
    header( "Location: $errorurl" );
    exit ;
    }
    if ( ereg( "[\r\n]", $name ) || ereg( "[\r\n]", $email ) ) {
    header( "Location: $errorurl" );
    exit ;
    }

    if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
    $comments = stripslashes( $comments );
    }

    $messageproper =

    "This message was sent from:\n" .
    "$http_referrer\n" .
    "------------------------------------------------------------\n" .
    "Name of sender: $name\n" .
    "Email of sender: $email\n" .
    "------------------------- COMMENTS -------------------------\n\n" .
    $comments .

    mail($mailto, $subject, $messageproper,
    "From: \"$name\" <$email>" . $headersep . "Reply-To: \"$name\"
    <$email>" . $headersep . "X-Mailer: chfeedback.php 2.07" );
    header( "Location: $thankyouurl" );
    exit ;

    ?>

    Help??