    but i try to upload larger file to the server like more than 4 mb and about 10mb i got server connection lost and time out some no responce
    is there any solution to that problem using asp.net and c
    thank

    Mike, May 7, 2004

  2. Mike

    Dominique Guest

    r u running iis 6 on w2k3?

    there's a limit on the amount of data that can be transferred blah blah...

    quick fix is to change it in the metabase file. Look for these lines:

    AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed Default is 204800 (200kb)
    AspBufferingLimit Default is 4194304 (4MB+)

    quote from another user with the same problems...

    "If I remember correctly, AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed applies to all
    situations where you want to upload something larger than 200kb. (i.e.
    ASPUpload) But, if you're using the native uploading in ASP then
    AspBufferingLimit needs to be increased also if you want to upload files
    larger than 4MB."

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > Hi i have a problem in asp.net
    > i am uploading file to the server using htmlinput controls and every thing

    is ok

    Dominique, May 7, 2004

  3. Mike

    mike Guest

    Hi i am running iis
    the problem is not the size of file cos i changed the max size to upload
    but its but technique i think i am missing. is there better technique avaialble to implement that code with out any controls or components
    thanks

    mike, May 7, 2004
  4. Mike

    Bullschmidt Guest

    Well at least with classic ASP (and of course this is a classic ASP
    newsgroup) here is a pure ASP code (i.e. no component) resource for
    letting the user upload a file:

    ASP File Upload Using VBScript by John R. Lewis - 7/10/2000
    http://aspzone.com/posts/160.aspx

    Best regards,
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance ASP Web Consultant
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    Bullschmidt, May 11, 2004