Problem with FireBug when using with AJAX scripts

Gregor Kofler

FireBug is without doubt a great utility for debugging JS, however
with FireBug enabled my little AJAX scripts won't work properly.
E.g.
http://ajax.gregorkofler.at/index.php?page=tableedit

In the status bar I count the calls of the response function, which
should happen once on "edit" and once on "ok".

Works perfectly ok on IE, Opera, FF with FireBug's network monitoring
disabled. However with enabled network monitoring FB adds extra requests
confusing the script. The very first one seems ok, but after the second
one, they are always triggered in pairs.

Googling for bug reports of this phenomenon didn't yield much.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? Is there a simple workaround?
Or is there a fundamental bug in my script?

Gregor

Peter Michaux

FireBug is without doubt a great utility for debugging JS, however
with FireBug enabled my little AJAX scripts won't work properly.
E.g.http://ajax.gregorkofler.at/index.php?page=tableedit

In the status bar I count the calls of the response function, which
should happen once on "edit" and once on "ok".

Works perfectly ok on IE, Opera, FF with FireBug's network monitoring
disabled. However with enabled network monitoring FB adds extra requests
confusing the script. The very first one seems ok, but after the second
one, they are always triggered in pairs.

Googling for bug reports of this phenomenon didn't yield much.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? Is there a simple workaround?
Or is there a fundamental bug in my script?

This may be helpful

Good luck.

Peter