Problem with Firefox Popup and Frames

Bill H

I run a dbms application that interfaces with the web. This module creates
a frames page with two frames ('main' and 'mwinfoframe'). All communication
with the dbms is routed through the 'mwinfoframe' (it's sort of hidden in
that it is assigned 1% (so I can view it in IE).

I'm having problems with Firefox working properly while both IE 6 and
Netscape v7.x work as expected. The following is additional information.

A list of reports is displayed in the main frame. The main frame starts
like:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Customer Direct Access Menu</TITLE>
<META Http-Equiv="Cache-Control" Content="no-cache">
<META Http-Equiv="Pragma" Content="no-cache">
<META Http-Equiv="Expires" Content="0">

<BASE href="http://asibill/advantos/">

<LINK rel="stylesheet" href="styles/styles.css">
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript1.2" src="dwmain.js"></SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
..
..

When a user selects a report the request goes to the web server through the
mwinfoframe.

<A href="javascript:getHrefRedirect('myReport&myKey=arhist')">
A/R History</A>

Several functions reside in a standard included javascript page and looks
like:

// Close popup window
function closePopUp() {
if (window.winPopUp && !window.winPopUp.closed) {
winPopUp.close();
// Close popup document
function closePopUpDocument() {
winPopUp.document.close();
}
// The following is used as a conduit to the dbms
function getHrefRedirect(dbmsScript) {
var myHREF = '/cgi-bin/dbmsscript.exe?myexec=' + dbmsScript ;
parent.mwinfoframe.location = myHREF;
}
// Open pop-up window
function openPopUp() {
if (!window.winPopUp || window.winPopUp.closed) {
winPopUp =
window.open('','mwQuery','width=575,height=400,toolbar=0,status=0');
// Manage winPopUp window
function writePopUp(TextLine) {
winPopUp.document.write(TextLine);

The script executes on the dbms and returns the following which runs in
'mwinfoframe' and creates a PopUp window like:

<HTML>
<META Http-Equiv="Cache-Control" Content="no-cache">
<META Http-Equiv="Pragma" Content="no-cache">
<META Http-Equiv="Expires" Content="0">

<HEAD></HEAD>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- hide for non-supporting browsers

TextLine = '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN"\n'
TextLine += ' "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">\n'
TextLine += '<HTML>\n'
TextLine += '<HEAD>\n'
TextLine += ' <TITLE>Data Prompt</TITLE>\n'
TextLine += ' <BASE href="http://asibill/advantos/">\n'
TextLine += ' <LINK rel="stylesheet" href="styles/styles.css">\n'
TextLine += '</HEAD>\n'
TextLine += '<BODY bgcolor="#FFFFFF">\n'
TextLine += '<FORM Method="GET"\n'
TextLine += ' action="/cgi-bin/dbmsscript.exe"\n'
TextLine += ' NAME="mwReports"\n'
TextLine += ' TARGET="main">\n'
..
..
parent.main.openPopUp();
parent.main.writePopUp(TextLine);

TextLine = More Stuff
parent.main.writePopUp(TextLine);

TextLine = More Stuff
..
..
TextLine += '</FORM>\n'
TextLine += '</BODY>\n'
TextLine += '</HTML>\n'
parent.main.writePopUp(TextLine);

parent.main.closePopUpDocument();
// end of script hiding -->
</SCRIPT>
</HTML>

When the user selects a couple of report variables then clicks on the
[Submit]" button the report script will run and is supposed to return output
to the main frame. The main frame's <Body> tag looks like:

<BODY bgcolor="#FFFFFF"
text="#000000"
topmargin="0"
leftmargin="0"
marginheight="0"
marginwidth="0"
onLoad="MM_displayStatusMsg('');"
onUnload="javascript:closePopUp();">

and should close the PopUp window and the report should appear in the "main"
frame.

This works fine on IE 6 and all versions of Netscape through v7.2. However,
in Firefox, instead of the report returning to the "main" frame of the
parent page, it opens up a completely new page and fails to close the PopUp.
All subsequent activity within this module no longer functions properly as
we're now outside the frameset.

Any ideas if there's a configuration option in Firefox or I'm doing
something wrong?

Thanks,

Bill