Problem with FolderExists and UNC Path in ASP Page

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Claudio, Jul 23, 2008.

  1. Claudio

    Claudio Guest

    Hi All,

    I have the follow situation:

    In may Server A i have test asp page with the following code

    <%
    mImportDirectory = "\\BAIVMAST3\cvmData$"
    set fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    response.write mImportDirectory"="&fso.FolderExists(mImportDirectory)
    %>

    when I test the page into the server with my user, the result of
    FolderExists is "True", but when I test it from another PC (not the
    server), the result is "False".

    The share permissions and the security permissions on \
    \BAIVMAST3\cvmData$ is everybody fullcontrol.

    The IIS site is seted to use the Integrated Windows security, so in
    both case my username of windows was used.

    Any idea?

    Thanks

    Claudio, Jul 23, 2008