problem with frames

IOANNIS MANOLOUDIS

I am having a problem with my html code.
I have a webpage that has to frames. One frame has links and the other has
content.
When I click on a link the new webpages open within the selected frame and
not within the entire browser.
Any help?

Barbara de Zoete

I am having a problem with my html code.
I have a webpage that has to frames.

Google for 'frames are evil' and rethink your design and site structure.
One frame has links and the other has
content.
When I click on a link the new webpages open within the selected frame and
not within the entire browser.
Any help?

URL?

Start reading posts in this group (and in ciwah, the one you multi posted to)
for about a week back, or two. You'll find ansers to questions you didn't even
know you had.

Also Google for cross-posting versus multi-posting (the last is what you did
with this post and the one in ciwah. Where do you want the answers?

rf

IOANNIS MANOLOUDIS said:
I am having a problem with my html code.
I have a webpage that has to frames.

Therein lies your problem.
One frame has links and the other has
content.
When I click on a link the new webpages open within the selected frame and
not within the entire browser.

What? Usually you want the link to open in one of the frames. Hmmm. Do you
mean you want to replace your frameset with the linked page. If so then add
target="_top" to the link.
Any help?

Yep. Avoid using frames.

Steve Pugh

IOANNIS MANOLOUDIS said:
I am having a problem with my html code.
I have a webpage that has to frames. One frame has links and the other has
content.

'has to use frames'? Is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing
you to use frames?
When I click on a link the new webpages open within the selected frame and
not within the entire browser.
Any help?

target="_top" to make a link open up in the full window.

Steve

Els

Steve said:
'has to use frames'? Is someone holding a gun to your head
and forcing you to use frames?

I think the OP merely skipped the 'w' in the word 'two' :)
(has two frames)