problem with framesets

d.schulz81

Hi

unfortunately our webpages are still based on frames.

the problem is:

we log our statistics by including a blind pixel, which is located on
the main domain, thus it's possible to log users surfing our different
domains with the same cookiecode.

the problem is, google refers on our index.php site which is a frameset
site, which means that images can't be displayed there. there is no
entry in the database and the referer is therefore lost.

the question is, how can we display an image on a frameset site. I
found many solutions using javascript in the usenet, but we dont want
to exclude people who have JS deactivated.

second solution:

to simplify the problem, we only have to transmit one string parameter
over one or two html pages.
Naturally this is not a problem using php as a get parameter in the url
or by the use of a session.

However, we have many different sites that have to be logged and are
looking for a solution that evokes few as possible changes on the code.

maybe you can help me

any help would be appreciated.....

Dennis

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
Hi
G'day.

unfortunately our webpages are still based on frames.

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this!"
"Stop doing that."
we log our statistics by including a blind pixel, which is located on
the main domain, thus it's possible to log users surfing our different
domains with the same cookiecode.

But none with images disabled/unavailable.
the problem is, google refers on our index.php site which is a frameset
site, which means that images can't be displayed there. there is no
entry in the database and the referer is therefore lost.

Don't allow Google to index the internal pages, only the frameset.
Google robots.txt for more information.

A better solution of course is to lose the frames.