problem with framesets

Discussion in 'HTML' started by d.schulz81@gmx.net, Jul 19, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    unfortunately our webpages are still based on frames.

    the problem is:

    we log our statistics by including a blind pixel, which is located on
    the main domain, thus it's possible to log users surfing our different
    domains with the same cookiecode.

    the problem is, google refers on our index.php site which is a frameset
    site, which means that images can't be displayed there. there is no
    entry in the database and the referer is therefore lost.

    the question is, how can we display an image on a frameset site. I
    found many solutions using javascript in the usenet, but we dont want
    to exclude people who have JS deactivated.

    second solution:

    to simplify the problem, we only have to transmit one string parameter
    over one or two html pages.
    Naturally this is not a problem using php as a get parameter in the url
    or by the use of a session.

    However, we have many different sites that have to be logged and are
    looking for a solution that evokes few as possible changes on the code.

    maybe you can help me

    any help would be appreciated.....

    Dennis

    , Jul 19, 2005

  2. Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, <> said:

    > Hi

    G'day.

    > unfortunately our webpages are still based on frames.

    "Doctor, it hurts when I do this!"
    "Stop doing that."

    > we log our statistics by including a blind pixel, which is located on
    > the main domain, thus it's possible to log users surfing our different
    > domains with the same cookiecode.

    But none with images disabled/unavailable.

    > the problem is, google refers on our index.php site which is a frameset
    > site, which means that images can't be displayed there. there is no
    > entry in the database and the referer is therefore lost.

    Don't allow Google to index the internal pages, only the frameset.
    Google robots.txt for more information.

    A better solution of course is to lose the frames.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jul 19, 2005