Problem with funky characters

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Marlene A. Roman, Jan 13, 2007.

  1. Hope everybody is doing OK.

    I have a web service that I call to encrypt sensitive information as credit
    cards, credentials etc. I am getting this error "Error'', hexadecimal
    value 0x11, is an invalid character." when I try to consume this from a
    client in this case a Web App.

    Is there a way I can work around this problem? How can I send these "funky"
    characters back to the client????

    I was thinking in parsing the encrypted information before sending the
    response back to the consumer and replacing the "" with something else, and
    do the opposite back in the client, but I can't find the character within
    the string ,when I execute x.IndexOf("") ,I get a value of -1 as the
    result.

    Any ideas???????

    Thanks in advance for any input.

    Marlene Roman
    Marlene A. Roman, Jan 13, 2007

  2. Marlene A. Roman

    Scott M. Guest

    This character is a carriage return. Try looking for Char(13).

    Scott M., Jan 13, 2007