Problem with gdb with debugging thread

Shivanand Kadwadkar

One of the interviewer asked me what are the problem with debugging
multiple thread with gdb.

my answer was since thread scheduling in not in hand of gdb so it is
difficult to single all the thread.

is other some other problem with debugging multiple thread with gdb.

Thanks for your comments!!!!

Seebs

One of the interviewer asked me what are the problem with debugging
multiple thread with gdb.

No offense meant, but your C skills are not at a level where you should
be dealing with interviewers. Learn the language before you try to
get jobs in it.
my answer was since thread scheduling in not in hand of gdb so it is
difficult to single all the thread.

I really don't have any idea what you mean by this.
is other some other problem with debugging multiple thread with gdb.

gdb is not part of the C programming language. A good answer to this
question might be better formed by asking people in one of the GNU
newsgroups, where they have a lot more expertise with gdb.

I have not had noticeable trouble debugging multithreaded apps with
gdb, so, your mileage apparently varies. :)

-s