Problem with globalization

Xavier MT

Hi, I have a site that has some text in spanish and it doesn't display well,
for example with a ñ it displays some weird boxes, can anyone help me or
point me to some help

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

Have you tried setting it to use unicode?
Here's more info on the subject:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...en-us/cpguide/html/cpconencodingbasetypes.asp

Also, have you checked the Globalization section of the web.config?
Try changing it to something more like this:

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
<globalization
fileEncoding="iso-8859-1"
requestEncoding="iso-8859-1"
responseEncoding="iso-8859-1"
/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Xavier MT

Just one thing, I've tried some things but my problem is that my strings are
in a .js and it's when they are written page that it doesn't work.

BTW thanks for the help, I'll keep on trying...

Jerry III

You can always use HTML entities, for example ñ is ñ or &ntilde;. You
need to make sure your page encoding is right and you're using font that has
the characters you're trying to display.

Jerry