problem with group

hemanth2050

Hi,
Sorry but this is off topic, I just needed some forum to post this.
Now google asks for google account to login to groups but I had a
login before which made use of my yahoo mail id. Is there someway to
link that to this or are all my posts and newsgroup memberships lost
due to this change? Any info appreciated.

Cheers

Victor Bazarov

Sorry but this is off topic, I just needed some forum to post this.
Now google asks for google account to login to groups but I had a
login before which made use of my yahoo mail id. Is there someway to
link that to this or are all my posts and newsgroup memberships lost
due to this change? Any info appreciated.

Read about and use Usenet. Sign up to a Usenet server if your ISP
doesn't provide any, there are free servers and paid servers out
there. Install a Usenet client (like Outlook Express, FreeAgent,
or Mozilla Thunderbird) and use it.

Google about Usenet. That's THE way to access newsgroups. Ignore
Google - it's only good for searching.

James Kanze

Read about and use Usenet. Sign up to a Usenet server if your
ISP doesn't provide any, there are free servers and paid
servers out there. Install a Usenet client (like Outlook
Express, FreeAgent, or Mozilla Thunderbird) and use it.
Google about Usenet. That's THE way to access newsgroups.
Ignore Google - it's only good for searching.

Or when you have to access the groups from behind a firewall
which blocks NNTP. (Why a firewall would block NNTP is a
mystery to me, but it seems fairly widespread.)

Jerry Coffin

[ ... ]
(Why a firewall would block NNTP is a
mystery to me, but it seems fairly widespread.)

Because with your average firewall, it's easier to block NNTP as a whole
than to block comp.binaries.[porn of various sorts]...

Victor Bazarov

Jerry said:
[ ... ]
(Why a firewall would block NNTP is a
mystery to me, but it seems fairly widespread.)

Because with your average firewall, it's easier to block NNTP as a
whole than to block comp.binaries.[porn of various sorts]...

I am sure you mean 'alt.binaries', not 'comp'.