Problem with HTA and file download + Your general opinion please.

Martin Feuersteiner

Hi,

You're my last hope to shed some light on this!! Otherwise I'm doomed!

Maybe it's very stupid what I do but I thought this is the best solution.
Any criticism welcome!
The story:

I've craeted an aspx application. To call the application, the user goes to
e.g. www.mydomain.com/app/index.hta
On index.hta, there's a link to the aspx login page and subsequent pages etc
I did this so I can get rid of the window control buttons and add my own
navigation.

It all works fine except for the code below. If i run the application in
IE6, calling the aspx directly I have no problems.
I get the file dialog to open/save the file I wish to download.
But calling it when I started the application in hta, it just doesn't do
anything. No save/open file dialog comes up.
I've traced, and all statements are executed.
Any hints are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your efforts!

Martin

PS: Sorry for xposting, just seems that there's no special place to ask this
question?

VB.NET
Response.ContentType = "text/richtext"
Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=""" &
filename & """")
'Write the file directly to the HTTP output stream.
Response.Write(RTFContent)
Response.End()

Martin Feuersteiner

I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!

Calling the aspx page from the hta page like this brings up the file dialog
box.

<FRAME name="main" SRC="login.aspx" APPLICATION="no">

name

"The story:"

Is ocet/stream in w3.org and MS terms.

Your are not back on the train yet.

"text/richtext" = get RichText

"Any criticism welcome!"

Component Licensing ?
Schmuusing the group while posting to about a half dozend.

' ("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=""" & '

== pushing a download dialog via any link clicked. Xp SP 2 may give you a
wake up call.

Use <(i)frame restricted="restricted"/>

anyway, bcause it will work in browser and prevents
a trusted site from serving crap while hacked iis is undiscovered.

You got to learn a little about .hta, try the mvps and search terms.