Problem with HV Menu 5.5 when working with 2 horizontal frames.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by elad, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. elad

    elad Guest

    Hi

    The Menu doesn't work properly when I have 2 frame and the Menu popup
    frame=document target frame, when I choose item in
    the menu the doc opened and the menu get stuck.

    Here is the code I'm using:

    FrameSet -------------------------------------------------------
    <head>
    <title>Your Title</title>
    </head>
    <frameset rows="20%,*" framespacing='0' frameborder='1' border=0>
    <frame frameborder='1' framespacing='0' src="1.html" noresize
    scrolling='no' name="MyFrameOne"></frame>
    <frame frameborder='1' framespacing='0' src="2.html"
    name="MyFrameTwo"></frame>
    </frameset>

    1.html -------------------------------------------------------------------
    <head>your header html</head>
    Frame 1
    <script type='text/javascript'>
    //HV Menu- by Ger Versluis (http://www.burmees.nl/)
    //Submitted to Dynamic Drive (http://www.dynamicdrive.com)
    //Visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com for this script and more
    function Go(){return}</script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='exmplmenu_var.js'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='menu_com.js'></script>

    2.html ----------------------------------------------------------------
    onload="javascript:{if(parent.frames[0]&&parent.frames['MyFrameOne'].Go)parent.frames['MyFrameOne'].Go()}"
    bgcolor="red">
    Frame 2

    exmplmenu_var.js --------------------------------------------------------
    var NoOffFirstLineMenus=5; // Number of first level items
    var LowBgColor='#D5D9FE'; // Background color when mouse is not
    over
    var LowSubBgColor='#D5D9FE'; // Background color when mouse is not
    over on subs
    var HighBgColor='black'; // Background color when mouse is over
    var HighSubBgColor='black'; // Background color when mouse is over
    on subs
    var FontLowColor='navy'; // Font color when mouse is not over
    var FontSubLowColor='navy'; // Font color subs when mouse is not
    over
    var FontHighColor='white'; // Font color when mouse is over
    var FontSubHighColor='white'; // Font color subs when mouse is over
    var BorderColor='navy'; // Border color
    var BorderSubColor='navy'; // Border color for subs
    var BorderWidth=1; // Border width
    var BorderBtwnElmnts=1; // Border between elements 1 or 0
    var FontFamily="arial,comic sans ms,technical" // Font family menu
    items
    var FontSize=8; // Font size menu items
    var FontBold=0; // Bold menu items 1 or 0
    var FontItalic=0; // Italic menu items 1 or 0
    var MenuTextCentered='left'; // Item text position 'left', 'center'
    or 'right'
    var MenuCentered='left'; // Menu horizontal position 'left',
    'center' or 'right'
    var MenuVerticalCentered='top'; // Menu vertial position 'top',
    'middle','bottom' or static
    var ChildOverlap=.2; // horizontal overlap child/ parent
    var ChildVerticalOverlap=.2; // vertical overlap child/ parent
    var StartTop=16; // Menu offset x coordinate
    var StartLeft=0; // Menu offset y coordinate
    var VerCorrect=0; // Multiple frames y correction
    var HorCorrect=0; // Multiple frames x correction
    var LeftPaddng=3; // Left padding
    var TopPaddng=2; // Top padding
    var FirstLineHorizontal=1; // SET TO 1 FOR HORIZONTAL MENU, 0 FOR
    VERTICAL
    var MenuFramesVertical=0; // Frames in cols or rows 1 or 0
    var DissapearDelay=1000; // delay before menu folds in
    var TakeOverBgColor=1; // Menu frame takes over background color
    subitem frame
    var FirstLineFrame='MyFrameOne'; // Frame where first level appears
    var SecLineFrame='MyFrameTwo'; // Frame where sub levels appear
    var DocTargetFrame='MyFrameTwo'; // Frame where target documents
    appear
    var TargetLoc='myMenu'; // span id for relative positioning
    var HideTop=0; // Hide first level when loading new document 1 or
    0
    var MenuWrap=1; // enables/ disables menu wrap 1 or 0
    var RightToLeft=0; // enables/ disables right to left unfold 1 or
    0
    var UnfoldsOnClick=0; // Level 1 unfolds onclick/ onmouseover
    var WebMasterCheck=0; // menu tree checking on or off 1 or 0
    var ShowArrow=1; // Uses arrow gifs when 1
    var KeepHilite=1; // Keep selected path highligthed
    var Arrws=['tri.gif',5,10,'tridown.gif',10,5,'trileft.gif',5,10]; //
    Arrow source, width and height

    Any idea ?
    Elad
    elad, Nov 24, 2003

  2. elad wrote on 24 Nov 2003:

    > Hi
    >
    > The Menu doesn't work properly when I have 2 frame and the Menu
    > popup frame=document target frame, when I choose item in
    > the menu the doc opened and the menu get stuck.

    <snip reposted code>

    This is the third time you've posted a topic on this. Stop it. Did it
    occur to you to contact the person that actually wrote the script in
    the first place? They would be your best bet to get a solution.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter
    d (remove ".invalid" to reply)
    Michael Winter, Nov 24, 2003

  3. elad

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...
    > Hi
    >
    > The Menu doesn't work properly when I have 2 frame and the Menu popup
    > frame=document target frame, when I choose item in
    > the menu the doc opened and the menu get stuck.

    You have a target myMenu, but I saw no such target div in the 2.html
    code, where the script expected it to be.

    Did you just leave that out for space, or did you forget to put it in
    the real source?

    --
    ~kaeli~
    A plateau is a high form of flattery.
    kaeli, Nov 24, 2003
  4. 1. Actually it's the second time I open a topic on this issue.
    2. I opened a new topic because it is very urgent to me to get an
    answer.
    3. If I could have contact the person who wrote this I would have
    already do that.
    4. Forums - are usefully created so users can ask questions. and I don't
    think you are the forum manager.

    Thanks for you help...

    Elad Friedman, Nov 24, 2003
  5. I didn't add it to my code but I don't think it has any connection to my
    problem
    ( I even tried it now to make sure it doesn't change anything )

    Elad

    Elad Friedman, Nov 24, 2003
  6. elad

    kaeli Guest

    In article <3fc242a0$0$202$>,
    enlightened us with...
    > I didn't add it to my code but I don't think it has any connection to my
    > problem
    > ( I even tried it now to make sure it doesn't change anything )
    >
    > Elad

    Other than that, your code looks fine to me.
    Did you trim out other javascript things you are doing? It may be that
    things are butting up against each other somehow.

    If you have a link to the site you are having problems with, it would be
    very helpful.
    Also, what browser are you using?

    --
    ~kaeli~
    Black holes were created when God divided by 0.
    kaeli, Nov 24, 2003
  7. Elad Friedman wrote on 24 Nov 2003:

    > 1. Actually it's the second time I open a topic on this issue.

    I beg to differ. I have three threads, originally posted by you, all
    relating to the same script from DirectDrive, listed in my
    newsreader.

    > 2. I opened a new topic because it is very urgent to me to get
    > an answer.

    If someone can suggest an answer, they'll answer you the first time.

    > 3. If I could have contact the person who wrote this I would
    > have already do that.

    Well, you can contact the original writer. The address of the
    relevant part of the author's website is
    http://www.burmees.nl/menu/menus.htm The home address has already
    been posted by yourself. There are instructions for installing
    various scripts and an e-mail address.

    If you aren't trying to modify the basic functionality of the script
    (only what it displays), you could have also e-mailed DirectDrive's
    support.

    > 4. Forums - are usefully created so users can ask questions. and
    > I don't think you are the forum manager.

    That is true, but it's impolite to post a question more than once
    just because you're impatient. That's basic Usenet (and social)
    etiquette and it shouldn't require any form of administrator to tell
    you that.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter
    d (remove ".invalid" to reply)
    Michael Winter, Nov 24, 2003
  8. elad

    elad Guest

    Hi

    I have downloaded the latest version of the menu from
    http://www.burmees.nl/menu/menus.htm
    and now the menu get stuck only if menu should open a link that starts
    with http://
    For example :
    Menu1_1=new Array("Example
    1_1","javascript:parent.<FrameName2>.location.href=\"http://www.cnn.com\"","",0,20,100,"black","white","yellow","blue","yellow","",-1,-1,-1,"","");

    Does it works in your site ?

    Elad.
    elad, Dec 8, 2003
  9. elad

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have downloaded the latest version of the menu from
    > http://www.burmees.nl/menu/menus.htm
    > and now the menu get stuck only if menu should open a link that starts
    > with http://
    > For example :
    > Menu1_1=new Array("Example
    > 1_1","javascript:parent.<FrameName2>.location.href=\"http://www.cnn.com\"","",0,20,100,"black","white","yellow","blue","yellow","",-1,-1,-1,"","");
    >
    > Does it works in your site ?

    Yes.

    ~kaeli~
    A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless
    interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an
    otherwise dull day.
    kaeli, Dec 8, 2003
  10. elad

    fred Guest

    kaeli <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>,
    > enlightened us with...
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I have downloaded the latest version of the menu from
    > > http://www.burmees.nl/menu/menus.htm
    > > and now the menu get stuck only if menu should open a link that starts
    > > with http://
    > > For example :
    > > Menu1_1=new Array("Example
    > > 1_1","javascript:parent.<FrameName2>.location.href=\"http://www.cnn.com\"","",0,20,100,"black","white","yellow","blue","yellow","",-1,-1,-1,"","");
    > >
    > > Does it works in your site ?
    > >

    > Yes.
    >
    > --

    I am using version 9.50 of this nice menu. I have exactly the same
    issue: the moment my links are pointing to external pages with
    "http://..." the pages opens in the corresponding frame but the
    navigation menu does not respond anymore.

    Any idea?

    PS: I asked Ger the programmer of this menu for a hint. I'll post his
    answer if any.

    frefre
    fred, Dec 9, 2003
  11. elad

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>, frefre-
    enlightened us with...
    > > --

    > I am using version 9.50 of this nice menu. I have exactly the same
    > issue: the moment my links are pointing to external pages with
    > "http://..." the pages opens in the corresponding frame but the
    > navigation menu does not respond anymore.
    >
    > Any idea?
    >
    > PS: I asked Ger the programmer of this menu for a hint. I'll post his
    > answer if any.
    >
    > frefre

    If you have the menu body in the main frame, which becomes an external
    page, the GO function is never called and the menu won't load.

    ~kaeli~
    A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
    kaeli, Dec 9, 2003
  12. elad

    elad Guest

    Hi

    The programmer of this menu told me that I will use an iframe in
    Frame2 ( DocTargetFrame ) the iframe can load the external content and
    the menu keeps working.

    Have you tried this ?

    Elad
    elad, Dec 14, 2003
  13. elad

    fred Guest

    (elad) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi
    >
    > The programmer of this menu told me that I will use an iframe in
    > Frame2 ( DocTargetFrame ) the iframe can load the external content and
    > the menu keeps working.
    >
    > Have you tried this ?
    >
    > Elad

    I have not tried it because I had problems with iframes and netscape
    4.77 a long time ago. I should now give it a try again with actual
    browser versions.

    By the way, I told you in my first contribution here that the menus
    were not working. I was using IE 5.5 and Mozilla 1.4. This is not true
    anymore with IE6 where the submenu are working fine with external
    pages loaded in a new frameset (in fact, it is a link to an internal
    page which has a frameset linked to an external page).

    Please have a look to the menu here:
    http://www.enviroinfo2004.org

    frefre
    fred, Dec 15, 2003
  14. elad

    elad Guest

    But I'm using IE6 and it still doesn't work for me,
    If it's work for you can you please post the relevant code ?

    Elad.
    elad, Dec 31, 2003