Problem with IIS on XP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Stewart Saathoff, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Hello Everyone,

    I am having some problems that I believe are stemming from IIS on my laptop.
    I have a web application that seems to not fuction correctly. What I mean
    by that is I have some controls on a web form, including a button with some
    events tied to that button. When I click on the button, the events that I
    programmed within that event do not fire off. If I set a breakpoint during
    the button's click event, the break never initiates. If I set a breakpoint
    during the load event of the page, then the breakpoint fires off, but the
    button still doesn't execute in the click event. Here is the code for my
    form:

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    Dim ws As New tcservice
    Dsusers1.Merge(ws.GetEmployees)
    Me.ddlemployee.DataBind()
    End Sub

    Private Sub btnLogin_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArgs) Handles btnLogin.Click
    Dim u As String
    Dim p As String
    Session("user") = ""
    Session("pass") = ""
    u = Me.ddlemployee.SelectedItem.Text
    p = Me.password.Text
    Session("user") = u
    Session("pass") = p
    Response.Redirect("status.aspx")
    End Sub

    Stewart Saathoff, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Another thing that I find is weird is that the "Properties" option is gone
    from within IIS on my local machine for all web sites and virtual
    directories when I right click on them.

    Stewart Saathoff, Dec 2, 2003