Problem with Index Server Query

Jorge Varona

Greetings,
I am having a difficult time trying to get my index server query to work.
Here's the code:

// create a connection object and command object, to connect the Index
Server

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection odbSearch = new
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection();

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand cmdSearch = new
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand();

//assign the connecting string to the oledb connection object

odbSearch.ConnectionString = string.Format("Provider=MSIDXS;Data
Source={0};","intranet");

//assign connection to command object cmdSearch

cmdSearch.Connection = odbSearch;

//Query to search a free text string in the catalog in the contents of the
indexed documents in the catalog

try

{

cmdSearch.CommandText = "select doctitle, filename, vpath, rank,
characterization "

+" from scope('DEEP TRAVERSAL OF \"/\")' "

+" where FREETEXT('"+txtSearch.Text +"') "

+" and filename <> 'search.aspx' order by rank desc ";

odbSearch.Open();

int cnt;

try

{

OleDbDataReader rdrSearch = cmdSearch.ExecuteReader();

//dg1.DataSource=rdrSearch;

//dg1.DataBind();

//cnt=1;

while( rdrSearch.Read())

{

//Response.Write("OK<br>");

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(rdrSearch[0].ToString());

getpagelink(rdrSearch);

catch(Exception ex)

{

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(ex.Message);

}

odbSearch.Close();

}

Does anyone have any ideas why this wont work?

Peter O'Reilly

What do you mean by getting it to work? Code issues aside, have you indexed
your pages?

Jorge Varona

Background:
Yes they are indexed. The Catalog "INTRANET" is on the webserver's index
server and points to a shared folder on another server. When I test the page
to get results I get nothing. From the MMC->Query Form I get the listings
that I should be getting. I really don't want to wrap the ixsso to query the
index server being that EVERYONE seems to have gotten the query to work
using OLEDB.

Mark Saunders

Hi,

i was wondering if anyone had managed to use this type of query of manually cached properties?

i need to return and test on an expiredDate field but cannot seem to query anything but the default DocTitle etc.

I have cached the fields in Index Server, Stopped and Started the service and also rebuilt the catalogs.

Any help would be most appreciated!

thanks
Mark