Problem with inline -java

arun

Hi,
I have installed inline-java perl module to communicate with java from
my CGI-PERL everthing was working fine . Suddenly one day the code
failed giving an error "Couldnot connect next available port number
using port 7890 jinstead. JVM taking more than 30 seconds to start or
died before perl could connect". Need some assistance to solve this
problem.

With Regards
Arun

Patrick LeBoutillier

arun said:
Hi,
I have installed inline-java perl module to communicate with java from
my CGI-PERL everthing was working fine . Suddenly one day the code
failed giving an error "Couldnot connect next available port number
using port 7890 jinstead. JVM taking more than 30 seconds to start or
died before perl could connect". Need some assistance to solve this
problem.

Seems the Java part of Inline::Java can't start. When supported, it
will ask the OS for the next available port number and use that. If it
can't, it default to port 7890. Perhaps another application is using
port 7890?

You can change that number to another port by using the PORT
configuration option.

Note: if you need more assistance, please use the Inline mailing list:
(e-mail address removed)
Patrick