    Another question, can I install Visual Studio .NET 2002 with SP2?
    Thanks,
    Curie
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2N1bG9u?=, Jan 20, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2N1bG9u?=

    WJ Guest

    "Cculon" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > 3. I installed SP 2 BEFORE install IIS and FrontPage 2000 Server
    > Extensions.

    1 Normally I would install products in the following sequence (out of the
    XP box): XP, IIS, FPSE, .NetFW
    2. Install MS/VS.Net software. This product alone will make sure that you
    have the required stuffs to build a .Net App.
    3. Finally, install XP Service Pack 2.

    This way, XP/SP2 will fix everything for you. The way I understand is: If
    you remove, say IIS-5, after SP2 installed, and later decide to reinstall
    IIS-5, you will have to re-apply XP/SP2 unless XP/SP2 does not deal with
    IIS-5, but I doubt it.

    So, my suggestion is to re-apply XP/SP2 to see if it fixes the problem you
    are facing ! Otherwise, the best time saver is to rebuild the box!

    John
    WJ, Jan 20, 2005