Problem with installing Ruby GTK

Karthikeyan A k

Hello People,

I tried to install Ruby GTK using the following command on my Ubuntu:

$ sudo gem install gtk2

and it spits out some error as shown:

ERROR: Error installing gtk2:

/usr/local/ruby/bin/ruby extconf.rb
checking for GCC... yes
checking for rb_define_alloc_func() in ruby.h... yes
checking for rb_block_proc() in ruby.h... yes
checking for new allocation framework... yes
checking for attribute assignment... no
checking for Win32 OS... no
checking for gobject-2.0... no

How to fix it?

pp

Hi, you might need some extra libraries to build this gem, gobject-2.0 for example.extconf.rb have not found gobject-2.0.
install all dependencies and try again

Adde

Hi.
It's probably missing the Ubuntu GTK2 developer packages.

/Adde

Hi, you might need some extra libraries to build this gem, gobject-2.0 for example.extconf.rb have not found gobject-2.0.
install all dependencies and try again

Kouhei Sutou

Hi,

In <[email protected]>
"Problem with installing Ruby GTK" on Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:43:24 +0900,
Karthikeyan A k said:
I tried to install Ruby GTK using the following command on my Ubuntu:

$ sudo gem install gtk2

and it spits out some error as shown:

ERROR: Error installing gtk2:

/usr/local/ruby/bin/ruby extconf.rb
checking for GCC... yes
checking for rb_define_alloc_func() in ruby.h... yes
checking for rb_block_proc() in ruby.h... yes
checking for new allocation framework... yes
checking for attribute assignment... no
checking for Win32 OS... no
checking for gobject-2.0... no

How to fix it?

Try the following command:

% sudo aptitude install -y libgtk2.0-dev
% sudo gem install gtk2

Thanks,