Problem with Internet Explorer for Mac 5.2

Terry

Hi,

I am running into this problem with IE 5.2 for Mac.

Say I have a textfield name t_field that has no initial value in it. If
I use Javascript to calculate the value, then assign this value to the
value of t_field, using:
t_field.value = var_for_this_value;

For some reasons that I can't figure out, IE for Mac doesn't display
the value in this textfield. However, if I move the scroll bar up and
down a bit and force the screen to refresh, the number appear in the
textfield. The value is definitely passed on t_field, but it seems like
IE has trouble displaying it.

I have tried the script on other browers and they all worked fine. Any
work-around for this?

Thanks in advance!

Terry

Dave

Before you knock yourself out remember that IE 5 for Mac isn't great
when it comes to JavaScript.

Robert

Terry said:
Hi,

I am running into this problem with IE 5.2 for Mac.

Say I have a textfield name t_field that has no initial value in it. If
I use Javascript to calculate the value, then assign this value to the
value of t_field, using:
t_field.value = var_for_this_value;

For some reasons that I can't figure out, IE for Mac doesn't display
the value in this textfield. However, if I move the scroll bar up and
down a bit and force the screen to refresh, the number appear in the
textfield. The value is definitely passed on t_field, but it seems like
IE has trouble displaying it.

I've seen this problem. It was intermitant for me. I do not have a fix.