Problem with Internet Explorer for Mac 5.2

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Terry, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. Terry

    Terry Guest

    Hi,

    I am running into this problem with IE 5.2 for Mac.

    Say I have a textfield name t_field that has no initial value in it. If
    I use Javascript to calculate the value, then assign this value to the
    value of t_field, using:
    t_field.value = var_for_this_value;

    For some reasons that I can't figure out, IE for Mac doesn't display
    the value in this textfield. However, if I move the scroll bar up and
    down a bit and force the screen to refresh, the number appear in the
    textfield. The value is definitely passed on t_field, but it seems like
    IE has trouble displaying it.

    I have tried the script on other browers and they all worked fine. Any
    work-around for this?

    Thanks in advance!

    Terry

    Terry, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Terry

    Dave Guest

    Before you knock yourself out remember that IE 5 for Mac isn't great
    when it comes to JavaScript.

    Dave, Nov 5, 2004

  3. Terry

    Robert Guest

    Terry <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am running into this problem with IE 5.2 for Mac.
    >
    > Say I have a textfield name t_field that has no initial value in it. If
    > I use Javascript to calculate the value, then assign this value to the
    > value of t_field, using:
    > t_field.value = var_for_this_value;
    >
    > For some reasons that I can't figure out, IE for Mac doesn't display
    > the value in this textfield. However, if I move the scroll bar up and
    > down a bit and force the screen to refresh, the number appear in the
    > textfield. The value is definitely passed on t_field, but it seems like
    > IE has trouble displaying it.

    I've seen this problem. It was intermitant for me. I do not have a fix.

    > I have tried the script on other browers and they all worked fine. Any
    > work-around for this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Terry

    Robert