Problem with Internet Information Services

Guest

I've running IIS and .NET 1.1 on XP Pro. I've also installed "Internet
Information Services Snap-In" but it does not appear in the Adminstrative
Tools.

Anyway, when I try to execute the "inetmgr.exe", a dialog box appears with
"Snap-in failed to initialize. Name: <unknown> CLSID:
{A848B6C2-7577-11D0-BB1F-00A0C922E79C}. This is followed by an error message
of "Snap-in Creation Failed" in the Internet Information Services window.

Can you help me to resolve this problem?

Ivan Belov

Hello Charles,

This behavior is symptomatic of the Inetmgr.dll library not being
registered.

To resolve this problem:
1. Open a CMD.EXE Window.
2. Type regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\inetmgr.dll and press Enter.
3. Press OK to acknowledge success.
4. Close the CMD.EXE window.

/Ivan Belov/

Guest

Thanks Ivan. I've executed the command and it is working now. Any ideas on
why? I've installed IIS after MS OFFICE, VS .NET, and NORTON INTERNET
SECURITY.