Problem with J2EE 1.4 tutorial

Kannan Ekanath

Hi all,

I installed j2ee 1.4 application server in my PC and i am trying to
follow the link
http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/J2EE/Intro2/j2ee.html
to get started.
But here comes the problem, the tutorial assumes that i am using SDK 1.3
where as the application server i presume is using SDK 1.4. That is why
i am not able to find the exact screens as mentioned in the tutorial.
As a new bie, I am facing lot of problems while creating EJBs etc.
I also have sdk1.3 but not sure, how to make J2EE 1.4 Application server
use that SDK (is that too much to ask).
(please do correct if any assumptions below / above are wrong??)
Could some one say,
1) If such a tutorial does exist for sdk1.4 (which i presume should
solve the problem)
2) I can also see that SunOne Application Server 7 can be used for this
but looks like it is a 30 day validation server package?

Thanks
Kannan

Kannan Ekanath

Hi,
If you actually check the link
http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/J2EE/Intro2/j2ee.html
it gives precise step by step instruction for j2ee people to get started
(unfortunately j2sdk1.3). It could constitute what can be called as a
perfect lab exercise. We need similar stuff for some lab guides. This is
what i am looking for, but the docs link that you gave me, shows me the
J2EE tutorial and stuff (which is more or less therotical :( ).

I mean is there an online training manual kind of stuff for j2ee1.4??
Thanks,
Kannan

Thomas said:

[...]

Markku

Kannan said:
Hi,
If you actually check the link
http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/J2EE/Intro2/j2ee.html
it gives precise step by step instruction for j2ee people to get started
(unfortunately j2sdk1.3). It could constitute what can be called as a

I think there is not much changed 1.3->1.4 on those examples
so they should work with 1.4 as well.

And there are no screens in J2EE :) The look of Sun "deploytool"
has changed a little bit but same options are found.
perfect lab exercise. We need similar stuff for some lab guides. This is
what i am looking for, but the docs link that you gave me, shows me the
J2EE tutorial and stuff (which is more or less therotical :( ).

I mean is there an online training manual kind of stuff for j2ee1.4??

I don't think so but Google knows better.