Problem with Java application on Windows

Discussion in 'Java' started by tox, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. tox

    tox Guest

    I downloaded and installed "Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition 1.4.2_06"
    (j2sdk-1_4_2_06-windows-i586-p.exe) on my PC which has Windows XP. I
    then downloaded a Java application that processes telemetry data. The
    installation required creating a directory on C: and unzipping the
    installation file there. This resulted in a number of batch files and
    other files and directories. When I tried to run any of the batch
    files, a monitor pops up for less than a second and then dies without
    anything happening. Normally, the monitor should come up with a status
    message.

    I am wondering if I need to edit the batch file "class path" in the
    batch files or if maybe I have done something else wrong in the
    installation of either Java or the application itself? From looking at
    the content of one of the batch files, the path /stps/stps.jar makes no
    reference to the C: drive. I created the /stps directory on the C:
    drive and unzipped the application there. The stps.jar, stps.policy and
    /config are some of the files and folders created from the
    installation. I wonder if the batch files would run if C: is included
    in the path name? I am not very familiar with Java and would appreciate
    help with this please. Below is the content of one of the batch files
    for reference. Thanks. Sincerely,

    tox.

    java -server -cp /stps/stps.jar
    -Djava.rmi.server.codebase=file:/stps/stps.jar
    -Djava.security.policy=file:/stps/stps.policy -Dport=4935
    -DbufferSizeKb=16 -Dsetup=/stps/config -Droot=file://localhost/stps/
    nasa.stps.server.TcpServer
    rem Other Attributes.
    rem -DbufferSizeKb=8
    rem -Dconfig=xmlConfigFileName
    rem The single argument is the server name ("StpsServices."+name).
    rem The default name is "A".

    tox, Dec 8, 2004