Problem with javaplugin.jre.params and path names containing spaces

Chris Pudney

G'day,

I'm working with the Java Plug-In v1.3.1 with Windows 2000 and would like to
define a property using javaplugin.jre.params, namely

javaplugin.jre.params=-Djava.ext.dirs\=D\:/Documents and Settings/cpudney/lib/ext

so I can define my own standard extensions directory (actually it's a bit more
complicated but the crux of the problem is given here). This is done in
D:\Documents and Settings\cpudney\.java\properties131 (or via the Java Plug-in
console).

The problem is that the path name includes spaces, so when the plug-in runs
java.ext.dirs=D:/Documents

I've tried escaping the spaces with backslashes, enclosing in quotes, using
%20 and \u0020 but nothing works.

The obvious workaround is to use the DOS 8.3 name
(D:/DOCUME~1/cpudney/lib/ext) but I want to avoid having to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris.