Problem with late databinding and GAC

Steven

Hi,

I'm having an odd problem with late databinding (using DataBinder.Eval). I
have my Business Logic and Facade assemblies in the GAC, and just about
everything works fine, however, when using pages which use the
DataBinder.Eval method, I get an error saying the referenced assembly could
not be found. For example, say I have an object named ObjectName. In the
code behind, I can use this fine, but the following will cause the error I
mentioned

<%# SomeMethod( (ObjectName)DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,
"ObjectOfTypeObjectName")) %>

I have the following in my web.config file (I have omitted all of the
assemblies for readability)

<runtime>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<qualifyAssembly partialName="Business Logic" fullName="Business
Logic, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=#########" />
</assemblyBinding>
</runtime>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven

Jared

Have you tried to use an Imports statment or are you using the fully
qualified object name? Does the object reside in a seperate assembly? Do you
have a reference to it?

Steven

I am using the fully qualified object name. The object is in a seperate
assembly, and there is a project reference to it. All of the referenecs in
the code-behind works, its just the late databinding that doesn't!