Problem with margins

dorayme

"rf said:
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote

I usually ignore anything from dorayme and most most certainly ignore
anything Luigi but this one escaped my ignoring. So:
Luigi you are either a well established troll or you are a bloody idiot. In
the latter case you should hire a second professional man to assist you with
your one man business web site. What you have at the moment, and what I have
seen over the years that I have been following you, fails dismally.

Fancy bothering to post such an unprovoked set of mean words,
unleavened by any humour, interesting information, wild and
possibly mildly diverting or entertaining theorising. You have
hurt my feelings. Not everyone is a cold hearted bastard like
you, you know.

OK, lets see what can be done to improve the situation with you.
First thing is this: you will, and I mean, you will go back and
read every single post of mine. There will be an exam at the end
and there will - believe me - be consequences for you if you
fail.

dorayme

See what I mean about having a well-structured file?

This has been fixed but the scrolling bars are still there although the css
external style sheet validates[/QUOTE]

Validation and the scroll bars to do with the FF extension Edit
CSS side window have nothing much to do with each other.
(and I have not solved my problems with Chinese, by the way, do you know a
very good site about Chinese radicals?)

You could perhaps begin with

http://www.tsquare.tv/film/Totnost.html

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luigi said:
This has been fixed but the scrolling bars are still there although the css
external style sheet validates

Sure, it may validate, but the validator doesn't care if you have a
horizontal scrollbar. Your visitors do, however.

As I said, it is going to be some bad combination of your excessive
numbers of margin and/or width settings, where you have exceeded 100%
for the window width. You might have some luck by adding a selector at
the top of your file for:

* { border: 1px solid green; }

...and see what extends beyond the browser viewport. Any place you have
more than - at the most - three thicknesses of the 1px border, well,
you're nesting too deep.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
I have seen a few that were worse, but not by much... <lol>

I actually surprised myself by noticing the commas instead of dots.

Liugi's next mission, should he choose to accept it, is to find out what
is causing the horizontal scrollbar to appear, no matter what the
browser width is. (I do not intend to tackle that one.)

Your answer seems to suggest that you have not visited that page for a long
time.
I do not see any horizontal scrollbar on the page
However, there is such a scrollbar on the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boende-i-italien.php
So, my question is, does it depend on the number of columns in the table?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luigi said:
Your answer seems to suggest that you have not visited that page for a long
time.

Your response, seven days later, seems to suggest that you've been
working on the page.
I do not see any horizontal scrollbar on the page
However, there is such a scrollbar on the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boende-i-italien.php

There is in Firefox, but not in Opera.
So, my question is, does it depend on the number of columns in the table?

Of course.

In the boende-i-italien.php page, I see table styles such as "t10" that
are not defined in your style sheet.

You have lines in the source that scroll horizontally for metres and
metres. I'm not going to attempt to troubleshoot that mess.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
Your response, seven days later, seems to suggest that you've been
working on the page.

The website is under construction....
so, yes, it has been updated....

There is in Firefox, but not in Opera.
table?

Of course.

In the boende-i-italien.php page, I see table styles such as "t10" that
are not defined in your style sheet.

Ok. I am going to check it up later.