Problem with Membership login

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by BJ, Jul 6, 2007.

  1. BJ

    BJ Guest

    I am creating a site that contains a user login. I pulled down the
    "How do I ..." video and sample code from asp.net on Membership and
    Securing a website. When I am in VS2005 and run the application in
    Debug mode, I can login to the site. When I access the site from out
    site of VS (http://localhost/mysite/default.aspx), the application
    looks at my network ID (jxcont) instead the application user ID I
    picked for the site (jxc). If I specify port 2575 in my URL, I am
    able to login.

    It looks as if 2575 is directing the application to look at ASPDB.MDF.

    IIS is setup with Windows Authentication without an Anonymous User.

    I added the code below so the user password would require a non-
    alphanumeric value.

    <system.web>
    <membership>
    <providers>
    <remove name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"/>
    <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="true"
    enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"
    applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="true"
    passwordFormat="Encrypted" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"
    passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""
    minRequiredPasswordLength="4" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"/

    </providers>
    </membership>

    :
    :
    </system.web>

    How do I avoid is problem?
    BJ, Jul 6, 2007

  2. What does the authentication and authorization section look like? If you
    have it set to Windows Authentication instead of forms, there is your
    problem.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jul 7, 2007