Problem with mimetype?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Martin Honnen, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. GR33DY wrote:

    > When I view my XML page using I.E.6 it displays fine from both my web
    > server and when opened from windows explorer.
    > But when I view it in mozilla 1.7, it displays fine from windows
    > explorer, but when viewed via HTTP from the web server I get the
    > following error;
    >
    > Error loading stylesheet: An XSLT stylesheet does not have an XML
    > mimetype
    >
    > My server has the XML mimetype text/xml and I have tried configuring it
    > with text/xsl as well to no avail.
    >
    > My XML page starts thus;
    >
    > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    > <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?>

    Make sure the server serves style.xsl as text/xml or application/xml.
    See the Mozilla XSLT FAQ at
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xslt/faq.html
    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Martin Honnen

    GR33DY Guest

    Hello again, I can see myself becoming a regular feature at the top here ;)

    When I view my XML page using I.E.6 it displays fine from both my web
    server and when opened from windows explorer.
    But when I view it in mozilla 1.7, it displays fine from windows
    explorer, but when viewed via HTTP from the web server I get the
    following error;

    Error loading stylesheet: An XSLT stylesheet does not have an XML mimetype

    My server has the XML mimetype text/xml and I have tried configuring it
    with text/xsl as well to no avail.

    My XML page starts thus;

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?>

    And my XSLT page starts thus;

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    version="1.0">
    <xsl:eek:utput method="html" doctype-system="./board.dtd"/>

    Is this a problem with my server (I have tried it on another) or with
    the declarations?

    Thanks in anticipation,

    Tom.

    GR33DY, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Martin Honnen

    GR33DY Guest

    Martin Honnen wrote:

    > GR33DY wrote:
    >

    >> When I view my XML page using I.E.6 it displays fine from both my web
    >> server and when opened from windows explorer.
    >> But when I view it in mozilla 1.7, it displays fine from windows
    >> explorer, but when viewed via HTTP from the web server I get the
    >> following error;
    >>
    >> Error loading stylesheet: An XSLT stylesheet does not have an XML
    >> mimetype
    >>
    >> My server has the XML mimetype text/xml and I have tried configuring
    >> it with text/xsl as well to no avail.
    >>
    >> My XML page starts thus;
    >>
    >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    >> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?>

    > Make sure the server serves style.xsl as text/xml or application/xml.
    > See the Mozilla XSLT FAQ at
    > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xslt/faq.html

    D'oh!

    I'd forgotten to add the xls extension to text/xlm.

    Cheers :)

    Tom

    GR33DY, Jun 25, 2004
  4. Martin Honnen

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    GR33DY wrote:

    > My server has the XML mimetype text/xml and I have tried configuring
    > it with text/xsl as well to no avail.
    >
    > My XML page starts thus;
    >
    > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    > <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?>

    text/xsl is not an official mimetype for xsl stylesheets. It's Microsoft
    specific. Use text/xml or application/xml instead.

    Rolf Magnus, Jun 26, 2004