Problem with mobile:link rendering on Nokia devices

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Themos, Feb 8, 2005.

  1. Themos

    Themos Guest

    Hi,

    I have a ASP.NET Mobile site, and have come against a strange bug. A page which contains mobile:link tags renders perfectly on all phones (BreakAfter=True), but strangely enough, on Nokia devices it renders WML content but does not display a br (line break) tag after the anchor link. Any ideas?

    You can verify that with the following code:

    Dim req As HttpWebRequest
    Dim res As HttpWebResponse
    Dim rd As IO.StreamReader
    Dim bytes() As Byte
    req = HttpWebRequest.Create("your_page_with_Links_here")
    'Any other agent like SIE-SL45/3.1 UP/4.1.19i renders the br tag after links
    req.UserAgent = "Nokia"
    res = req.GetResponse()
    rd = New IO.StreamReader(res.GetResponseStream)
    msgbox rd.ReadToEnd

    Posted via DevelopmentNow Groups
    www.developmentnow.com/g
    www.developmentnow.com
    Themos, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Themos

    orbyone Guest

    Ok, problem solved. Machine.config, even after DeviceUpdate4, has a
    strange rendersBreaksAfterWmlAnchor=true for all Nokia's. To correct
    this, add these entries to your web.config (you may also correct
    machine.config if you like)

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <browserCaps>