Problem with mod_python and 4Suite

Discussion in 'Python' started by Doug Farrell, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Doug Farrell

    Doug Farrell Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to build a demonstration website using mod_python and
    4Suite to show how we could transform XML documents into HTML with
    XSLT. Here is a piece of code that causes it to blow up:

    # import the xml/xslt stuff here
    from xml.xslt.Processor import Processor

    # create a xslt processor
    xsltProc = Processor()

    # transform the xml text into html
    xsltProc.appendStylesheetUri(filepath)
    html = xsltProc.runString(xmltext)

    Here is the trace I get in the browser when I run this code:

    Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mod_python.publisher"

    Traceback (most recent call last):

    File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line
    285, in HandlerDispatch
    result = object(req)

    File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mod_python/publisher.py",
    line 175, in handler
    result = apply(object, (), args)

    File "/data/cs/handlers/gme.py", line 61, in search
    return _transform(xmldata, filepath)

    File "/data/cs/handlers/gme.py", line 105, in _transform
    from xml.xslt.Processor import Processor

    File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_xmlplus/xslt/__init__.py",
    line 19, in ?
    pyxml_required = version.StrictVersion(Ft.__pyxml_version__)

    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__pyxml_version__'

    Does anyone have any suggestions, or just even general advice on using
    4Suite with mod_python? I'd be very interested to hear them.

    I'm running this on a Dell 2550 server with RedHat linux 8.0, Python
    2.2.1, PyXML 0.8.3 and 4Suite 1.0.a*

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Doug Farrell
    Doug Farrell, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Doug Farrell a écrit :
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm trying to build a demonstration website using mod_python and
    > 4Suite to show how we could transform XML documents into HTML with
    > XSLT. Here is a piece of code that causes it to blow up:
    >
    > # import the xml/xslt stuff here
    > from xml.xslt.Processor import Processor

    This actually imports the broken xslt engine in pyxml, and not 4suite's.
    This engine is known not to work.

    You want to import Ft.Xml.Xslt to use 4suite xslt engine in the 1.0
    branch. You will also have to adapt your code to the new apis introduced
    since 4suite 0.12, please see the documentation.

    Try asking on the 4Suite mailing list (links to the list available from
    http://4suite.org/)

    --
    Alexandre Fayolle
    LOGILAB, Paris (France).
    Alexandre Fayolle, Aug 8, 2003

  3. Doug Farrell

    Doug Farrell Guest

    Alexandre Fayolle <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Doug Farrell a écrit :
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I'm trying to build a demonstration website using mod_python and
    > > 4Suite to show how we could transform XML documents into HTML with
    > > XSLT. Here is a piece of code that causes it to blow up:
    > >
    > > # import the xml/xslt stuff here
    > > from xml.xslt.Processor import Processor

    > This actually imports the broken xslt engine in pyxml, and not 4suite's.
    > This engine is known not to work.
    >
    > You want to import Ft.Xml.Xslt to use 4suite xslt engine in the 1.0
    > branch. You will also have to adapt your code to the new apis introduced
    > since 4suite 0.12, please see the documentation.
    >
    > Try asking on the 4Suite mailing list (links to the list available from
    > http://4suite.org/)

    Alexandre,

    Thanks for your help and suggestions, I will implement them and see
    how that works for me. I'll also post back to this thread to let you
    know of my success (or failure <g>).

    Again, thanks for for your feedback,
    Doug Farrell
    Scholastic, Inc.