    other script for that.

    Regards..
    Debashish Hota

    Debashish, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Debashish wrote:

    > Here i have a problem with my Modelsim lisence server.I have 2
    > lisences for modelsim in my office. But many a times if someone dont
    > close the modelsim properly or dont release the lisence (by command
    > quit -sim), lisence stays active even if he is not working.So most of
    > the time i am not able to use 2 linces. So being a Windows 2000 server
    > we had to restart it again and agian atleast once everyday, two kill
    > those process and regain the 2 lisences.

    1. Learn the lmstat command to find out who is holding licenses,
    and train them to close the gui.

    2. Learn to use command line execution: vcom -c and vsim -c.
    vcom (command line) does not require a license. Bringing up
    the gui with vsim.exe holds a licenses for the whole
    session, even if you are just editing and compiling.

    Running a text testbench with vsim -c only holds the license
    during a sim and then relinquishes it.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Debashish

    Debashish Guest

    Mike Treseler <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Debashish wrote:
    >
    > > Here i have a problem with my Modelsim lisence server.I have 2
    > > lisences for modelsim in my office. But many a times if someone dont
    > > close the modelsim properly or dont release the lisence (by command
    > > quit -sim), lisence stays active even if he is not working.So most of
    > > the time i am not able to use 2 linces. So being a Windows 2000 server
    > > we had to restart it again and agian atleast once everyday, two kill
    > > those process and regain the 2 lisences.

    > 1. Learn the lmstat command to find out who is holding licenses,
    > and train them to close the gui.
    >
    > 2. Learn to use command line execution: vcom -c and vsim -c.
    > vcom (command line) does not require a license. Bringing up
    > the gui with vsim.exe holds a licenses for the whole
    > session, even if you are just editing and compiling.
    >
    > Running a text testbench with vsim -c only holds the license
    > during a sim and then relinquishes it.
    >

    > -- Mike Treseler

    Thank you Mike i have downloaded the FLEXLM enduser guide.This solved
    all my problems.I am using lmstat -a and lmremove

    Debashish, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Debashish

    Prasanna Guest

    (Debashish) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Mike Treseler <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Debashish wrote:
    > >
    > > > Here i have a problem with my Modelsim lisence server.I have 2
    > > > lisences for modelsim in my office. But many a times if someone dont
    > > > close the modelsim properly or dont release the lisence (by command
    > > > quit -sim), lisence stays active even if he is not working.So most of
    > > > the time i am not able to use 2 linces. So being a Windows 2000 server
    > > > we had to restart it again and agian atleast once everyday, two kill
    > > > those process and regain the 2 lisences.

    > > 1. Learn the lmstat command to find out who is holding licenses,
    > > and train them to close the gui.
    > >
    > > 2. Learn to use command line execution: vcom -c and vsim -c.
    > > vcom (command line) does not require a license. Bringing up
    > > the gui with vsim.exe holds a licenses for the whole
    > > session, even if you are just editing and compiling.
    > >
    > > Running a text testbench with vsim -c only holds the license
    > > during a sim and then relinquishes it.
    > >

    > > -- Mike Treseler

    > Thank you Mike i have downloaded the FLEXLM enduser guide.This solved
    > all my problems.I am using lmstat -a and lmremove

    Hi,

    Use "lmremove" command with the license admin privileges. To recognize
    that the process is dead, there are unix ways and I am not aware of
    windows ways.

    I suggest wrap your modelsim command with a shell script that takes
    care of these issues.

    Regards,

    - Prasanna

    Prasanna, Aug 19, 2003